Play Hearts online on PlayingCards.io
A classic trick-taking game for four players. Compete with your friends to have the lowest score!
How to Play
- A game for four players.
- Cards are ranked high to low, Ace - 2.
- The hand ends when all of the cards have been used, then the scores are counted.
- Hearts is a trick-taking game, a trick is a winning round.
- The lowest score wins!
- Each player is dealt 13 cards.
- The player holding the 2 of clubs plays first.
Playing the Game
- Playing clockwise from the person holding the 2 of clubs, players alternate turns by playing cards from their hand, one at a time.
- The trick-winner of each round begins the following round.
- Every round, the first card played decides the lead suit.
- Players must play-in-suit if possible, but if a player does not hold any of the lead suit then they may discard any card.
- A round is complete when all players have played one card.
- Whoever plays the highest ranking card, in suit, recieves the trick.
- After all of the cards have been played, the players count their tricks and record their scores.
- Each Heart = 1 point
- The Queen of Spades = 13 points
- When a player holds all of the Hearts and the Queen of Spades in a single hand, they recieve 0 points, while all of the other players recieve 26 points.
- When a player reaches 100 points, the game is over.
- The player with the lowest score wins!
PlayingCards.io lets you play any tabletop game, in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free!