Play Reversi online on PlayingCards.io
Go head to head in the classic 2 player game of Reversi! Trap your opponents pieces to flip them to your color. Whoever has the most pieces of their color by the end wins!
How to Play
- In Reversi, the goal is to have more of your color pieces on the board than your opponent by the end of the game.
- You may play a piece on the board when it is possible to trap one or more of your opponent's pieces in a horizontal, vertical or diagonal manner.
- Trapped pieces (that is pieces sitting between pieces of the opposite color) are flipped over to the opposite color.
- Place 2 white and 2 black pieces onto the center 4 squares so that white takes the NW and SW corners and black takes the NE and SE corners.
PLAYING THE GAME
- Black takes the first turn. They must place a piece where at least one opponent piece will be trapped and flipped.
- Players alternate turns playing pieces and flipping trapped pieces.
- Pieces are never moved once they are placed, only flipped as they become trapped and potentially trapped again.
- It is possible to trap pieces in more manners than one (EXAMPLE: a piece can be placed that finishes both a vertical and diagonal trap. Any piece that is now trapped in any manner is then flipped).
- If a player cannot trap any opponent pieces by playing a piece, their turn is skipped until they can play a piece that would trap one or more opponent pieces.
- Once no more pieces can be placed, the game is over!
The player with the most pieces on the board by the end of the game wins!
If a player traps and flips over all remaining opponent pieces so that every piece is of their color, they win!
PlayingCards.io lets you play any tabletop game, in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free!