Play your cards carefully in this classic card shedding game from the Philippines! 2-4 players will play classic poker combinations in the hopes of getting rid of their cards as quickly as possible.
Pusoy Dos Rules
- In Pusoy Dos, the first player to play all of their 13 cards wins.
- Games are very quick and thus players may want to play until one player reaches a certain number of wins.
- Shuffle the 52 card deck and deal 13 cards to each player.
Playing the Game
- In Pusoy Dos, cards are ranked from highest to lowest as follows: 2 > A > K > Q > J > 10 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3. Suits are ranked from highest to lowest as follows: Diamonds > Hearts > Spades > Clubs.
- The card combinations that may be played are as follows: Singles, Pairs, Three-of-a-Kind and Five Card combinations.
- The Five Card Combinations are ranked from highest to lowest as follows: Royal Flush > Straight Flush > Four-of-a-Kind (four matching cards + any one card) > Full House > Flush > Straight.
- The starting player each game is the player with the lowest ranked card in hand. The lowest ranked card in the game is the 3 of Clubs. In 2-3 player games, it's possible that this card was not dealt. If this is the case, move onto the next lowest ranked card: the 3 of Spades and so on as necessary.
- The player with the lowest ranked card must play that card by itself or as part of a card combination to start the round. (EXAMPLE: P2 was dealt the 3 of Clubs. They also have a 3 of Hearts. They play the pair of 3's to start the round. P3 now must either play a better pair or they may pass. If P3 cannot play a better pair, they must pass.)
- When the round is started with a certain kind of combination (single, pair, three-of-a-kind or five card), all other cards played that round must be of the same combination and must beat the previously played combination. Cards are ranked first by their numbers, then by their suits. (EXAMPLE: P1 plays a pair of 7's with Hearts being the high suit. P2 beats the pair with a pair of 7's with Diamonds being the high suit.)
- If enough players pass and play continues back around to the player who last played cards, all played cards are cleared from the table and that player starts a new round playing a single, pair, three-of-a-kind or five card combination to set the bar for the round.
- The first player to play all of the cards in their hand wins the game.
- Because games are very quick, players will likely play until one player reaches a certain number if wins, depending on player count.
The first player to win the determined number of times is the best Pusoy Dos player!
PlayingCards.io is an online play space which allows you to play any tabletop or card game directly in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free. No app install is needed.
Create a room and share the room code to get started.