The first player to get rid of all cards in hand becomes PRESIDENT in this fast-paced card shedding game for 4-7 players. The last player with card(s) in hand is the SCUM so you'd better play quickly!
- In President, the players' main goal is to get rid of all cards in hand as fast as they can.
- The game lasts as many rounds as needed until one player reaches 11 points, thus winning the game.
- Players earn points each round by either being the first player to rid their hand of all cards (president) or by being the second player to rid their hand of all cards (vice president).
- For the first round, deal the 52 card deck as evenly as possible among all players. In 5-7 player games, some players will have one more card in hand than other players and that's OK.
- Leave space for a discard pile off to the side of the play area. Players will be playing cards into a single pile in the center of the table and the discard pile must be kept separate as to not get them mixed up.
Playing the Game
- The starting player of the first round is the player who has the 3 of Clubs in their hand. They must play the 3 of Clubs into the center to start the round and play proceeds clockwise. Subsequent rounds are started by the current President.
- The following player plays card(s) into the center that beat or match the previously played card(s) in rank (suits are irrelevant). (EXAMPLE: P3 starts the round by playing the 3 of clubs. P4 plays a 5. P5 plays an 8, etc.)
- Players may also pass if they do no want to play card(s) on their turn and they must pass if they cannot beat or match the previously played card or they cannot clear the pile.
- The ranking of cards from highest to lowest is as follows: A > K > Q > J > 10 > 9 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 4 > 3. Note that 2's are not included in this list.
- 2's are "clear cards" and they do not beat or match the previously played card(s). Instead, when a player plays a 2, all cards in the center (including the 2 just played) are put into the discard pile. The player who played the 2 must start a new pile by playing another card into the center. (EXAMPLE: P1 plays a King. P2 plays a 2 and all cards are discarded. P2 then plays a 6 into the center, starting a new pile.)
- If a player matches the previously played card, the next player in rotation is skipped. (EXAMPLE: P1 plays a 4. P2 also plays a 4. P3 is skipped. P4 then plays a 7.)
- Players may also play pairs and three of a kind's as well. Any pair of cards will beat a single card. Any three of kind's will beat a matching pair or single card. (EXAMPLE: P1 plays an Ace. P2 plays a pair of 7's, beating the Ace. P3 plays three 5's, beating the pair of 7's.)
- A higher ranked pair is needed to beat a previously played pair. The same goes for three of kind's. (EXAMPLE: P1 plays a pair of Queens. P2 plays a pair of Aces, beating the pair of Queens.)
- Players may play out of turn in order to complete four of a kind in the center. When they do so, the cards are discarded and the player who completed the four of a kind must start a new pile by playing another card into the center. (EXAMPLE: P2 plays a 3. P3 plays a pair of 3's. P6 plays a 3 out of turn before P4 has a chance to play their card. P6 completed the four of a kind and all cards are discard. P6 starts a new pile by playing a 5 into the center.)
- If every player passes and play returns to the player who last played a card, the cards are discarded and that player starts a new pile by playing into the center. (EXAMPLE: P1 plays a Jack. P2 passes. P3 passes. P4 passes and it's not P1's turn again. All cards are discarded and P1 plays a 10 into the center to start a new pile).
- A player may not play a 2 as their last card. If a player only has a 2 left in hand, they automatically earn the title of Scum.
- The first player to get rid of all cards in hand is awarded the title of President. They score 2 points.
- The second player to get rid of all cards in hand is awarded the title of Vice President. They score 1 point.
- The last player with card(s) left in hand earns the title of Scum.
Starting a new round
- After President, Vice President and Scum are determined and points are awarded, a new round begins.
- The Scum shuffles all 52 cards into a new deck and deals them as evenly as possible to all players.
- The Scum then trades their highest valued card with a card of the current President's choice from the President's hand.
- Play then begins with the President playing any card from their hand.
The first player to get 11 points is the winner!
PlayingCards.io is an online play space which allows you to play any tabletop or card game directly in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free. No app install is needed.
Create a room and share the room code to get started.