Face off in one of the most widely recognized 2 player board games of all time, Checkers!
- In Checkers, the goal is to capture all of your opponent's checkers or trap them in a way that they cannot make any further moves.
- Checkers are set up on the dark colored squares. For PlayingCards.io, this is already done for you. If you'd like to setup for a physical game, reference the setup in a Checkers room on PlayingCards.io.
Playing the Game
- The black player takes the first turn.
- In Checkers, players can move one of their pieces one diagonal space forward on their turn.
- A player can "jump" their opponent's checker when the checker is one diagonal space ahead of the active checker and the space behind the opponent's checker is empty. When this happens, the opponent's checker is removed from the board. A player may continue on and jump/remove multiple opponent checkers following these movement rules if the configuration of the checkers allows for it.
- When a checker reaches a far space on the opponent's side of the board, the checker becomes a "king", When this happens, stack a second checker on top to signify that this is a king checker. King checkers may move diagonally forward and backward across the board.
- If a player can make a capture by jumping, they must do so.
When a player removes their opponent's last checker or their opponent has no more moves to make, that player wins!
PlayingCards.io is an online play space which allows you to play any tabletop or card game directly in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free. No app install is needed.
Create a room and share the room code to get started.