Play Cribbage online on PlayingCards.io
A game for two or more players. Combine cards, earn points, and be the first to move your peg across the board!
How to Play
- These rules are for 2 players, for 3 players deal one less card, for 4 players make two teams.
- Cards have value: Aces are worth 1 point, other cards worth their numerical value, and Ten - King worth 10 points.
- To start, each player draws a card, the player who draws the lowest card goes first.
- Each player is dealt six cards.
- Each player selects two cards from their hand and places them face down near the dealer, this is called "the crib".
- Once the crib is established, the top card from the remaining deck is flipped (this is called the "starter") and the game begins.
Playing the Game
- Players alternate turns by playing cards from their hand, one at a time. Ignoring the starter until after the round concludes.
- As cards are played, players attempt to make points by making scoring combinations.
- Players announce a running total of the cards played (ex. Pl.1 plays a Five and Pl. 2 plays a Jack,the running total is 15).
- The running total can never exceed 31. If a player cannot play without exceeding 31, then they pass by saying "Go".
- When a player passes, the running total resets and the opposing player plays the next card.
- Each round ends when both players have played all of their hands.
- Points are called pegs which are earned during play, and after each round ends.
- All pegs are recorded on the cribbage board.
- Playing a card to make the total 15 = 2 pegs
- Playing a card of the same rank as the previous card = 2 pegs
- playing a third card = 6 pegs
- the fourth card = 12 pegs
- Playing three or more cards in sequential order = 1 peg per card in the sequence (ex. A,2,3,4 = 4 pegs)
Counting the Hands
- After each round concludes, the players go back through their hands to earn more pegs.
- Players use the four cards they played during the round and the starter to make scoring combinations.
- The round's dealer also gets to create scoring combinations with the crib, established before the round began. The crib interacts with the starter, but not with the player's actual hand.
Other Ways to Score Points
- During play, when a player must pass their turn by saying "go", the opposing player earns 1 peg.
- During play, if a player makes the running total exactly 31, they earn 2 pegs.
- If a player has the Jack in the same suit as the starter, they earn 1 peg when counting the hand.
- If the starter IS a jack, the dealer earns 2 pegs.
The first player to peg to the end of the cribbage board wins!
PlayingCards.io lets you play any tabletop game, in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free!